Are you interested in becoming a Shopmobility Moray volunteer? How about a Director? Details about how you could help are found below.
For more information about any of the roles listed on this page please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01343 552528.
Director / Trustee
Being a Trustee of a charity can be a rewarding and fulfilling role. As a trustee of Shopmobility Moray Limited, you will ensure that the charity fulfils its duty to its beneficiaries through overseeing the activities of the charity and managing charity resources (including staff) to deliver on its vision, mission and values.
The Statutory Duties of a Director are to:
- Ensure the organisation complies with its governing document (articles of association)
- Ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
- Ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives – the organisation must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objectives, no matter how ‘charitable’ and ‘worthwhile’ those activities are.
- Contribute actively to the Board of Directors’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- Ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
- Protect and manage the property of the organisation and to ensure the proper investment of the organisation’s funds.
- Ensure that the organisation has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
- Be responsible for the performance of the organisation and for its “corporate” behaviour; ensuring that the organisation complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Act as guardians of the organisation’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application.
- Ensure that the organisation’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
As well as the various statutory duties, a Director should make full use of any specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the board make good decisions. The above list of duties is indicative only and not exhaustive. The Director will be expected to perform all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
4 Board Meetings per year
Volunteer role, although reasonable expenses can be claimed.
Send a CV and covering letter detailing why you are suited to the role to email@example.com or 59 High Street, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1EE
To find out more about volunteering and how you can help, please contact us on 01343 552528 or drop in to the shop at 59 High Street Elgin.